Coraline made 16.8 million opening weekend. Smiles were everywhere at work Monday morning. I've never been particularly in tune with how well movies do money-wise, but over the last week or so I've found myself extremely interested.
Last Saturday evening a group of us went to go see the film at a sold out showing and we had a great time. There were a number of my co-workers also in the audience and I have to admit it was weird to sit in a public theater and hear the cheering when my company's logo flashed on the screen. It was also fascinating to see the entire theater stay through the very end of the credits to see all of the names and hear the cheers for different individuals as their names ran across the screen. My friends were oh so kind to cheer as my name crossed the screen.
Now we're looking to the long weekend for an additional bump at the box office - hopefully those that were not able to see it last weekend will check it out this weekend.
I'm heading out of town with a friend for the weekend. We are going to do some snowshoeing or hiking and a lot of relaxing. I have Monday off for President's Day and I'm looking forward to just getting away for a little bit. Then next Thursday I head to Texas to see Brooke in Sing Song and hang out with Brooke, Sarah, and my mom. It's going to be a busy, travel-filled next week and a half, but I'm looking forward to the change in pace and change of scenery. Right now the forecast for Abilene looks to be much warmer than the last time I was there for Sing Song - thank you Lord!
Okay - now I gotta get packed up for my weekend away, get my laundry put away, and get ready for another fantastic Office episode. That show has been on a roll lately!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday!!! I cannot wait for you to get here and I am praying the forecast stays the same!! Have fun in Bend!
Love you...Brooke
Post a Comment