I am trying to figure out what kind of year 2010 might be. I'm confident it will contain change, probably a lot of it. It's inevitable really. What kinds of change? Well that's to be determined.....
The first high of the year.....Brooke and Ezra's wedding! It was a beautiful celebration. I'll let the pictures tell the story.....
Doing Mom's hair.....
The ballroom (notice the beautiful canopy).....
The gorgeous bride pre-ceremony.......
Touching up the makeup.......
A picture of us....getting our pictures taken.....
My Mom escorted by my Uncle Chuck into the ceremony.....
How did my dad hold it together? He chose a spot on the wall in front of him, and stared at it.
True story.
He continued to stare at the wall while his voice came on over the sound system with a message he had recorded the night before.
True story.
He talked about how there are three times in every father's life where he sees it is necessary to cut the cord.
I got choked up when he talked about the first time.
You know, when Dr. Foster handed him the scissors and told him to cut the cord.
I held it together after that.
True story.
"Cutting the last chord"
The vows....
Mr. and Mrs. Witt....
Cutting the cake.....check out that cake topper....
Then we started dancing.....Grandpa said he didn't know how to dance.....I didn't care.
I gave a toast.....
Saw so many great friends....
Team Brooke (aka "the Bridesmaids").....
My parents made it on the dance floor....
And we sent them on their way with fireworks....
It was a fun weekend filled with family, friends, memories, laughter, tears and lots of love. Definitely the first "high" of 2010.
As far as the low goes......well globally I immediately think of the immense pain in Haiti. My heart breaks for the suffering that is entrenched there. My trials don't really seem all that huge when I consider what so many face there. Personally, well, we don't have to go there. Let's just say sometimes life has bumpy roads.
I realize I'm a little late on the whole "wow, this is 2010" obligatory blog post.....but this has been my 2010. Celebrations.......and a bit of "low"......
2010 will be a good year, maybe not an "easy" year (do those even exist anymore?), but a good year. Why? Because through all the highs and lows I've got a Savior who'll never leave me.


















No comments:
Post a Comment