Sunday, October 12, 2008

No such thing as ordinary

It's been a little while since my last post and there are two main reasons why...

1) My work has been very busy. There are a lot of things happening at work and so the hours have been long.

2) I haven't had much to blog about. Life has seemed very "ordinary" in the sense that I'm back into a pretty regular routine and working a lot and so on. (I'll come back to the ordinary thing in a minute.)

Here's a quick list of the things going on in my life over the last week and a half or so:

  • Work, a lot of work. It is a busy time and so I've been putting in a lot of hours lately.
  • Making sure I stay caught up on new episodes of The Office. This show seriously cracks me up. "Let's get Ethical, Ethical....."
  • Slept in yesterday and had a very lazy Saturday morning..... I love those recovery mornings.
  • Last night my company hosted a reception for the Art Show currently happening showcasing our employees' art. I poured wine at the reception - it was a fun thing to do on a Saturday evening. I had a prime spot for people watching!
So a lot of the things I've been up to, seem very ordinary. However the more I think about it, the more I realize there really isn't such a thing as ordinary. What might seem ordinary to me, may seem otherwise to someone else. So I've determined there's really no such thing as ordinary. At least not when it comes to life.

1 comment:

Brian Pannell said...

"You are a thief of joy"
Michael to Dwight


LOVED that!