Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weekend fun

I am booked back to back on the weekend fun! Last weekend I headed to Bend to get away for the long weekend with a friend. We stayed with another friend and had a great time getting away to the snow and enjoying a change of scenery. On Saturday I had my first snowshoeing experience - tons of fun! We went on a 4 mile loop and I really enjoyed it. It is amazing how quiet and peaceful it is with all the snow. Although I have to admit I'm not used to the 5300 foot elevation change....I pretty much live (and workout) at sea level here in Portland, so the altitude did wear on me a bit. After snowshoeing we spent some time in our friends' hot tub thawing out. We slept a lot, watched a few movies, and got outside to enjoy the sun (mind you it was still EXTREMELY cold). Saturday night we went to this event in Bend called Winterfest where they set up a big snowboard jump, beer gardens, a stage for bands, and an outdoor marketplace. Even though we were kinda wimpy when it came to the cold, it was a lot of fun to go hang out at the Bend Winterfest.

Now I'm back home for a really short week (I had yesterday off - thank you Presidents!) and on Thursday afternoon I'm off to Texas for a fun weekend with my sister, mom and cousin. I'm really looking forward to it! Brooke is going to be crazy busy being a Director for her club and performing with the Seniors in Sing Song, but I am so excited to see her in between performances and enjoy some time with some of my absolute favorite women! Not to mention I also get to spend some time with one of my very close friends from college.

Of course, all this weekend fun means I get to compact my workweek which as always makes things pretty interesting. It's totally worth it though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you leave tomorrow which means i see you in two days!!!! hurry up and get here already!

love you!