Monday, July 13, 2009

Back from the Big Island

I had an absolutely wonderful vacation on the Big Island of Hawaii!!!

I don't have my pictures downloaded yet, but I'll put some up when I do.

Here's a quick run-down on my vacation - explored multiple beaches, hiked to a beautiful black-sand beach (Pololu Valley), ate on the lanai at the condo every day, kayaked alongside dolphins (so incredible!), snorkeled at Captain Cook Monument, laid on multiple beaches, attempted boogie-boarding with very small waves, laughed a lot with incredible friends, enjoyed some time at the spa getting a pedicure, laid on multiple beaches, attended a Luau, chased a gecko out of the condo (only to later not care that there were multiple geckos in the condo), laid on multiple beaches, and relaxed.....relaxed a lot. It was an amazing vacation - I soaked up every relaxing minute of it.

Today is my last day off from work - after being gone for 10 days I decided to take one day to get life in order here at home before jumping right back into things at work. I'm glad I chose to do that because my internal clock did get moved a bit towards Hawaiian time. (We never really slept in past 6:30am, but that's 9:30am Pacific time....).

I'll be back with pictures as soon as I locate my camera cord.....and take care of a few errands around here....

No comments: