Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New shoes and old friends

So I was trying really hard to keep up with my posts....and then life got really busy.  Not with anything in particular, just a lot of little things that added up to craziness!

Right now I'm on a work-trip and tomorrow evening I will drive back to Portland and then fly out the next morning to Southern Oregon so that I can go run a half marathon in the Redwoods. 

I was down in Medford a couple weekends ago to do a long training run.  That weekend I bought new running shoes.  I had waited too long to replace my previous running shoes and was then informed that I really needed to replace every 300 miles or so.  It was more than a little weird to realize that I had probably run more like 600 miles on the first pair.  Oops...

Tonight, after catching up with a Pepperdine friend and meeting her one month old baby boy, I stopped by my favorite shoe store DSW.  I found really cute yellow wedge shoes that are totally impractical for fall/winter (and probably most of spring) in Portland, but they are oh so cute.  And summer will be back in 8 1/2 short months...right?

While on my quick work-trip I've gotten to catch up with a couple Pepperdine friends.  I love getting to see good friends from college!  And both of these friends were ones I was in Germany with my Sophomore year.  I got to hold my friend's one month old baby boy tonight which was a special treat and last night I got to see very dear friends at their home.  It is always refreshing to catch up with friends and it's been a special treat to meet up with friends rather than sit in my hotel alone!

I'll update with pictures from the half-marathon weekend adventure once I return, I promise!

No comments: