Yeah, I never followed up with a longer post about the marathon. And then I didn't follow up with any other posts. And a lot has happened since October (shocking, I know, if you thought I was just sitting around twiddling my thumbs....not so much). So for the couple of people who still might check my blog every once in a while, here are some highlights of the last 4 (almost 5) months in my world....
I had a great holiday season with my family. Everyone came here for Thanksgiving and we had the full meal at my place. It was great to have a long weekend with the entire fam. Christmas came and went quickly and was wonderful as well. I headed to California to meet up with my mom's side of the family and we had a great time celebrating Christ's birth together. I am really blessed with a great group of friends here in Portland and we celebrated the holidays together with concerts, zoolights, and parties. Throw in a quick snowshoeing outing (one of my new favorite winter activities) with a close friend and it was a wonderful November/December.
Before I knew it we were ringing in the new year - a few friends came over to my place to play games, drink champagne, hang out and celebrate the beginning of the new year. January flew by with lots of hours at work (it's our busiest time of year) and lots of fun weekends with friends. I rediscovered childhood favorites in January with a ski trip and an ice skating outing. I hadn't been skiing for probably 12 years or so (if you disregard the one snowboard trip in Austria when I was studying abroad) and so it was a little bit of an adventure going again this January. However it came back like riding a bike and I LOVED it (all over again).
And then it was February and I was getting ready for a little getaway trip for my birthday....it really deserves a blog post of it's own, but let's just say the decision to go to Hawaii for a long weekend trip with three other friends....one of my best birthday plans ever.
Last weekend we headed up to the mountain because it was a beautiful day and we went snowshoeing at Trillium Lake....that really deserves a post of it's own too. Myself and five friends had a great time hiking around the lake and had a perfect picnic in the snow while ogling at the magnificent Mt. Hood.
This past week I got to spend one evening with my dad at the Blazers/Lakers game....watching from a suite! Despite the overtime loss (such a heart-breaker), we had a good time. Thanks again for taking me dad!
Yesterday was another great day on the mountain. We had some snow this past week and the conditions on the mountain were great. Tons of fresh powder. There were six of us up there enjoying the sunshine and amazing snow and we hit the slopes hard. When we got home last night we were estimating we got 20-25 solid runs in yesterday. Needless to say, I crashed hard and fast last night and slept great.
Okay, you just got the Cliff-notes version of what's been happening in my life the last 4-5 months. I didn't mean to neglect my blog.....life was just happening really fast. I promise I'll post pictures soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, you blogged! I have to say I keep checking - still want to hear more about the Marathon! I know life gets crazy busy - it's that way for us and we're old and tired! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time living life to the fullest! Enjoy every minute of it!
Post a Comment