Tuesday, August 5, 2008

She's blogging? And what about puzzle pieces?

So for a bit of time (usually while lurking through looking at other's blogs) I've thought about blogging. However for the longest time I was convinced I really didn't have anything interesting to write about. I mean, I don't have cute kids to dote on, I'm not on a crazy world travel adventure to blog about, and I really don't lead so exciting of a life that it seems anyone would really want to read about it. But then one day I realized that at the very least I could blog as a way to scrapbook, or record, the things going on in my life, so that one day when life is very different then it is right now, I'll remember it. I haven't set a goal for how often I will blog, and I set no real expectations with respect to this blog for myself (well I've maybe set a few, but nothing I'm going to publicly declare here). Lastly, I decided to blog for my mom. She loves checking blogs, but swears she will never blog herself. At the very least, I know my mother will check my blog faithfully. (Love you mom!)

Okay, now that I've established why I've decided to blog, I guess I should explain my title. I will admit that one of my expectations for my blog was coming up with a good name. It had to at least resemble some sense of creativity or thought. I've always really enjoyed doing puzzles, in fact, I probably enjoy them a little too much, I become totally engrossed. Which is probably why I don't do them too often. I have also on occasion come to view my life as a puzzle. I don't really know what it is going to look like at the very end, but I'm totally into figuring it out and working hard to piece it together. It is really exciting to see how it all comes together! I have often wished the Lord would just show me the big picture, I wish He would let me see the end result, because I seem to think that just like having the picture of what the puzzle will look like eventually, it would be easier to put the pieces of my life together that way. But I think the Lord has a different idea in mind.

So the short of it is, this blog is about all the different pieces of the puzzle that is my life, and how they come together. It is about what I'm thinking about, what I'm reading about, what I'm doing, what I wish I was doing, what I'm planning, and whatever else comes to mind. I hope you enjoy watching this puzzle come together!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hey there - good for you - I keep threatening to start blogging too - but just haven't found the time to start it all - I love reading other people's blogs though, so you can count on ol Auntie M, I'll be reading up on you!

Sarah said...

Good for you Kayla! I love the name and I look forward to reading your blog. :) Love you! Hi Aunt Sally if you read the comments too ;-).