Sunday, December 21, 2008

"ARCTIC BLAST 2008"

The true Arctic Blast they've been talking about all week finally hit. I have about 7 inches of snow at my apartment which is just totally unreal!

Here is some pictures to document the snow outside right now. I'll follow up shortly with a post capturing the last week of nasty weather...

My car is the silver one on the left. You can see the snow drift is up to the top of my back wheel. I haven't driven my car now at all in a week! And it's not looking like I'll be driving it before Tuesday at the earliest.This is the front entry way to my apartment complex - can you tell where the walkways are?
And this is the back area of my apartment complex (the view from our dining room window). You can get a better idea of the accumulation from the small patio table....crazy!!!

Yesterday a friend came and picked up my roommate and I and took us up to his parent's house where they had 14 inches of snow. The picture below is of me and my roommate up where we were sledding.....you can kinda see my face?!?!

We had a great time sledding down their hill - I can't remember the last time I went sledding - and then having Chicken Pot Pie and playing some Tripoley. It was nice to spend some time with other people and big thanks to our friend who came and drove us there and back.

Our church services have been canceled this morning and my home community is meeting at 1pm today. My home community meets about a mile and half from my place so in a little bit I'll have to determine if it's safe for me to walk there or not. The problem is we have about 7 inches of snow and then last night the freezing rain came on top so the snow is very hard on top and then you have to trudge through the depth of it.

Just a teaser for some shortly coming posts: I'll be home for Christmas??? A wintry week in review, and All I want for Christmas is I-5 to be open and clear.

Take care and stay warm!!!

No comments: