Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Beautiful Sunshine and Miserable Allergies

Hope of the end of a cold, dreary and rainy winter came this weekend with beautiful sunshine. Granted, the clouds are back now, but it was definitely a beautiful weekend and Monday. Unfortunately with the sun, came major allergens in the air and I am apparently back to being allergic to everything. For the last 5 springs, I haven't had any allergy problems. As a kid I had a lot of allergies - I played soccer and was allergic to grass - you can put two and two together on what that means. I thought I had grown out of them or just had been allergic to stuff in the Rogue Valley..... apparently I was wrong. Stuffy nose, watery eyes, scratchy throat, the whole nine yards. Now I'm trying very hard to get it under control before this weekend for the big run. It helps to be able to breathe when you are running 10 miles, right?!?!

In the sunshine this weekend I headed to the farmers market, went for a long run down by the waterfront and went out for a friends' birthday Saturday night. Sunday was busy with church, going to lunch at my grandparents house, church meeting and the home community Sunday evening. All in all it was a good weekend.

Now I'm looking forward to my weekend back in my hometown, seeing my sister, running a race with my mom and celebrating Easter with my family. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures from my upcoming weekend to share here.

No comments: