Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pear Blossom 2009

So I only have a few minutes, but I wanted to put a few pictures up from my weekend in Medford with my family and give a quick update....


Friday I got to hang out with my mom and sister and do some random errands and just relax. It was nice to have the day off. That evening we had dinner with some good friends at an Italian restaurant so we could "carb up" for the big race the next morning.

Saturday was an early morning as we had to be at the starting line by 6:45am for the 5K that Brooke and Lauren were doing. We cheered them on and you can see them on the course and finishing below...
Mid-run / walk with smiles!

Brooke and Lauren crossing the finish line!

Then a little before 8:30 my mom and I lined up for the start of the 10 mile race. This is us just before the race, ready to go!

And this is us at the halfway point.... Brooke and Dad were great supporters by coming to the halfway point to cheer us on (mind you they managed to get in a Donut pit stop on their way to the halfway point).


And finally, proof that we did cross the finish line....


Big thanks to those who cheered us on - it's amazing how much more fun it is to run when you have friendly faces cheering you on along the way! Now what's the next race you want to do Mom?

I'll update with more pictures as soon as I have a chance. I've finally gotten a new computer so I'm doing a lot of playing around and setting up (my old computer was the laptop I got when I was a freshman in college, so I am in shock at how fast this new one moves!) Hope you all had a wonderful Easter - it was certainly a great weekend back in Medford for me with the family - it's so rare for us all to be together anymore so it was an extra special weekend!

No comments: