Apparently the first place I started taking pictures was on our hike the first Sunday on the island. We traveled to the north part of the island to see the Pololu Valley. The view was breathtaking....
Melissa, Crystal and me on the black sand beach at the bottom
This is the beach at Mauna Kea Resort... definitely one of my favorite with fine, white sand and warm water. We stayed in the water a lot that day thanks to the strong winds that coated you in sand if you tried to lay on the beach too long.
Another view of the beach at Mauna Kea
The day we spent at Mauna Kea was also the day my mom fell in love with boogie boarding. We couldn't get her off of that thing.....and in such massive waves too! =)
Just another beautiful Hawaiian sunset from A-bay (the "A" is short for a really long Hawaiian name that there's no way I'll ever remember). Pictures don't do sunsets justice.....it's amazing the beauty God gives us day in and day out.
I'll post more pictures later when I get them from other cameras. It was great to relax with good friends and get refreshed. While it would be a stretch to say I'm excited to get back to work, I'm not dreading it because I've had a chance to rest.
1 comment:
Great pictures Kayla - did you guys check out the Mauna Lani just up the road from the Mauna Kea? That's where D and I have stayed on the Big Island. It is by far our favorite island and we can't wait to go back! Glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment