It was hot. Really, really, really hot. Record setting heat. Hottest days in 25 years. Crazy heat that made the national news. And I have a wonderful apartment that doesn't have air-conditioning. But I survived. Now it's a few degrees cooler and I can function normally again. The forecast for this week includes a day with rain.....and usually that's not something to necessarily rejoice about in Portland, but this week I am excited for a day of rain.
How did I beat the heat last week? Well, taking a cold shower before bed helped. Wednesday I went to a late movie (500 days of Summer - very good movie by the way) to sit in the air conditioning. Over the weekend I went hiking in the Gorge with a friend, and going through the cold mountain creek was a nice way to keep cool.
I love summer, and I love beautiful warm weather, so I'm trying not to whine about the crazy heat we had last week.....but I'd be okay if we didn't have any more over 100 degree days this summer. Hope you're staying cool wherever you are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
boy was it hot
Post a Comment