Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dear Blazers,

(specifically Brandon Roy, Juwan Howard and Marcus Camby)

At this very moment, the three of you are my favorite Blazers (not quite all-time.....Drexler is my only all-time at the moment.....but that could change).  Brandon (or B-Roy as I like to call you...... from my couch), you coming out to play yesterday after just having knee surgery was nothing short of incredible.  There is a lot of talk about if that was a good decision or not, and frankly right now I don't really care.  What I do know is you gave the guys on the floor the confidence they needed to get the job done.  I laughed when LaMarcus said he finally was able to get an open look once you were on the floor because suddenly the Suns had to turn their focus on you.

And Juwan (or Grampa Juwan as I affectionately refer to you.....from my couch), thanks for being a passionate leader for those guys.  The young ones, they've needed you this season and you have gone above and beyond.  Seriously, above and beyond.  Good work.

Finally, Marcus Camby, I still don't know you that well (hence no nickname to yell.....from my couch).  I think maybe in your past you were a bit of a punk.  But I like that you are here in Portland (you must be so relieved to not have to be seen in a Clippers jersey).  Thank you for usually showing up defensively and rebounding.  I'm glad you'll be around for two more years (even if my views on paying $21 million to a pro athlete aren't exactly positive).  Welcome to Rip City!

And the rest of you Blazers, you're not too bad yourself.  Please give your all in Phoenix so we can finish out the series in the Rose Garden Thursday night.  After all the injuries this season, to win a playoff series would be incredible. 

Sincerely,
Kayla

No comments: