Thursday, April 1, 2010

Friends, etc.

So clearly my March was so busy, I didn't have much time to blog. 

What have I been up to?

(Is it sad that I have to look at my dry-erase calendar in the kitchen to even remember?)

I had a great weekend with my good friend Crystal at the beginning of the month.  It was a particularly beautiful weather weekend so we spontaneously decided to go wine tasting.  We only made it to one vineyard that day, but it was great to get out and do something different.  Here we are at Erath winery...


Besides the usual things that fill my days (aka work), March was busy spending time with many friends.  Both new and old.  Friends are a great blessing and I am grateful to be surrounded by so many.  It took me a while to make a good group of friends here in Portland, so I am continually thankful for the friends that I have become close to here recently.

I watched the movie Food Inc. with friends this month.  It is a documentary about the food industry and highlights some very interesting facts about what is in our food.  After watching it I have thought even more about what I eat and purchase when it comes to food.  I want to eat and buy ethically, however that is actually a challenging task at times.

Mid-month I struggled through the whole time change thing.  It was rough.  I love the extra sunlight, but adjusting my schedule by one hour.....kinda stinks.

More friends from out of town were here mid-month and I thoroughly enjoyed going to dinner and showing them my neighborhood.  Have I ever mentioned how much I love my neighborhood?

The Portland Farmer's Market started this month.  I enjoy going to it, however it is always crazy busy.  There is going to be a market during the week right in my neighborhood this summer.....it's a wonderful thing.

The end of March was filled with starting a marathon training program and more friends.  Yep, I'm really going to do it.  I'm really going to run a marathon.  That's the plan. And I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: