I've been busy - not to mention totally off-line - the last few days. It was refreshing to not touch my computer for 3 whole days. I was blessed to have my parents visit for the Thanksgiving holiday - we had a good time hanging out and relaxing.
Thursday my parents drove up while I made the dinner rolls. Once they arrived we headed up to my grandparents house for Thanksgiving dinner. After dinner we all went to the movie Australia - I wouldn't recommend seeing it in theaters.....it's not bad, but it's not great either. Really long movie - if you really want to see it....wait til it comes out on dvd and rent it.
Friday we all slept in and then my dad decided to take us to the Washington Square Nordstrom.... see my post below to see how I feel about shopping in large crowds =). Later in the afternoon we walked and shopped a bit on NW 23rd by my house. We shared an early Trader Joe's pizza dinner with the family and then headed to the Blazers' game. We had a great time at the game - the Blazers won and because they scored over 100 points.....free chalupas!! (I don't know if I've ever eaten a free chalupa.... any takers?)
Saturday we went back up to my grandparents to help make a dent in the Thanksgiving leftovers for lunch and then headed back to my place so my dad could head to the football game while my mom and I did a little more NW 23rd shopping. My mom and I also headed to one of our favorite spots... Ikea! We went late enough to avoid too many people and came out with a few things...
I had a great weekend with my parents and thoroughly enjoyed the 4 consecutive days off. Now it's back to work in the morning - and time to gear up for a busy holiday season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wish i could have been there!! and i'll take the free chalupa if you don't want it :) can't wait to see you sooooon! love you
Post a Comment