I had the kind of weekend that just oozed goodness. It was an absolutely wonderful chance to get caught up with a few of my favorite friends (but not all of them in case other of my favorite friends read this). I spent the weekend in Escondido with two of my good girlfriends from Pepperdine, Jen and Lindsey. We stayed at Lindsey and her husband Peter's new home and just spent a lot of time catching up and enjoying each others company.....oh, and we ate very well =). Saturday we explored the area a bit and then later in the evening we headed to Old Town in San Diego, looked around at the shops and ate at an AMAZING Mexican restaurant. There were women in the front of the restaurant making handmade tortillas..... and they were incredible. I have yet to find really good Mexican food here in Portland so it was a special treat to get really, really, really, really good Mexican food this weekend.
Sunday we worshipped at Lindsey and Peter's new church and had lunch at a cool brewery - Stone Brewery. All of their food is locally grown or raised so their menu was different, but the food was very good. It reminded me of a place you would find in Portland actually.
I flew Jet Blue for the first time ever this weekend and I have to say, I'm a big fan. First of all they don't charge you for the first bag you check which means they win points instantly in my book, in spite of the fact that I'm quickly becoming a carry-on only traveler. Second, they give you all the free snacks you want which is nearly impossible to find these days. Then you have to give them props for the extra legroom. I don't have long legs, but I could tell there was more room, and it was appreciated. Lastly, every seat has its own tv set that you can choose your own programming on! Such a great way to keep yourself entertained on the flight. I will definitely fly Jet Blue again in the future.....if only they went to more destinations.
I was reminded how blessed I am to have such wonderful, true friends this weekend and came home refreshed and relaxed. I can't wait to do it again next year Lord willing! Hope your weekend oozed goodness too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment